Handling Disputes Over Proposed Divorce Modifications

An official divorce decree is often not the end of the story. In fact, it's fairly common for people to go back to court in order to change their divorce Orders.

Need Help Modifying Or Refuting A Parenting Plan Or Support Agreement?

At The Vaughan Law Firm, we represent people in the Knoxville area and throughout east Tennessee who need to have the terms of their divorce modified, and those who want to prevent a former spouse from making such changes. Our post-divorce litigation practice includes cases that involve:

  • Child custody modifications
  • Parenting time modifications
  • Child support modifications
  • Alimony modifications
  • Custodial parent relocation (move-away cases)
  • Support enforcement
  • Restraining orders

Laws involving post-divorce modifications are constantly shifting. Our attorneys are not only experienced — they are committed to keeping their litigation skills sharp and their knowledge of this rapidly changing area of the law up-to-date.

What's Required?

To obtain a modification of spousal support, all that's generally required is proving to the court that there has been a substantial change in circumstances (one that warrants the change you're asking for). If the matter involves children, it must also be shown that the proposed change will be in the "best interests" of those children.

Talk To An Experienced Attorney

Whether you are trying to obtain a modification or seeking to prevent a divorce agreement from being modified — talking to an experienced lawyer as soon as possible is a prudent choice. Call us from anywhere in east Tennessee at 865-531-3500. You can also send us an e-mail to have one of our lawyers get in touch with you directly.

We provide free, 30-minute initial consultations. For your convenience, evening, weekend and out-of-office consultations are available by appointment. We also accept Visa and MasterCard payments.